- Her friends called her Bea.
- Her maiden name was Beatrice Mellon
- She was married to : Leonard Hanson (1899 - 1986)
- She died at 81 (May 1, 1907 to October 1, 1988)
- She lived in the Fairview section of Chicopee
- They operated a poultry business "Hanson's Hennery" in the early years.
- Bea would iron peoples clothes for extra money.
- Leonard worked first as a type setter, than as a machine tender at a paper mill.
- They had two children Gaye who lived to be 79 (Feb 26,1931 to Jan 19, 2010) and Shirley (Aug 20, XXXX )
- Gaye Married John E. Minerich (of Paonia Colorado) and had two children, John (July 1952) & Thomas (May 1953) before her divorce.
- Gaye Later Married Dr. Euclide DesRochers Jr.(of Chicopee, Massachusetts) and had two children, Euclide (Dec 1961) and Guy (Sept 1963).
- Shirley Married Stanley Halidina a USAF Pilot who's plane went missing on a mission in 1953. She never remarried and had no children.
- She had an infectious laugh, and loved to play Canasta.
- She had a favorite spot where she would sit with her legs crossed, and holding one nee looking out the window, rocking forward and back.
- Her dad was Archie Mellen
- Her Moms maiden name was Temple
- She had four sisters Thelma, Claire, Hilda, and Aileen
- She had two brothers James Collester Mellen, and George Temple Mellen.
|Nana with Gaye 1987|
|Gaye & Shirley & me in NY|
|Nana & Leonard with Gaye & Guy|
|Gaye, Nana & Shirley 1972|